The Research Administration System enables Tufts researchers and administrators to create funding proposals, route them electronically for approval, and submit them directly to the funding agency.
Current known issues in RAS (fixes underway):
- If you have a proposal that requires any of the ED_SF424_Supplement_1_3-V1.3 form, the SF-424 Short form, or the Project_Abstract_1_2-V1.2 form, these are currently not supported for S2S submissions through RAS. Please continue to enter the information in RAS and route and submit as a non-S2S proposal (as the current process). Please reference the Grants.gov Forms page to download the correct form for your proposal.
- If you have a proposal that requires the NIFA_Supplemental_Info_1_2-V1.2 form, RAS will produce an NIH error when this form is accompanied with only the SF424 form. Please continue to enter the information in RAS and route and submit as a non-S2S proposal (as the current process).
- Participant Costs budget item when removed will cause an error in the budget. The work around is to re-add the same budget item and enter '0' in the Number of Participants field, save the budget, and then remove the participant costs.
- When adding non-employees into the Key Personnel panel, we are currently experiencing issues whereby the Person does not always correctly save (this is intermittent) and causes an error when trying to navigate to the Attachments panel of RAS. If you encounter this issue, please report to RAS support with your proposal number and names of any non-employees on the proposal. We are seeking to get this fixed in the next major release.
- If you are having difficulty re-routing a change/correction, this may be due to an open issue generating a "Percentage Effort is not a valid percentage" error. If you navigate to Key Personnel, this error may display, even though it doesn’t show in the Data Validation window. To resolve this, you can uncheck the 'Complete' and 'Include for Submission' menu options in the Budget panel -> Actions, then re-select them, and the link between % Effort in the Budget and the Proposal should refresh and resolve the error.
- After a Reject or Recall action has been taken, if a proposal is resubmitted for routing by a user other than the original submitter, the system will add that original submitter as the first stop on the new route path. If the original router is out of the office or unavailable, please contact your Pre-Award Signing Official or email@example.com to ensure the proposal does not get stuck in routing.
- NSF proposals do go through RAS, but as non-S2S submissions at this time. NSF proposal submissions should continue to be submitted through FastLane.
- NIH "P" and "U" program proposals do go through RAS, but as non-S2S submissions at this time. NIH "P" program proposals should continue to be submitted through Assist.
- In the award module, in order to edit the Create Unique Funding Source checkbox, the Grant Account ID field must be empty. If you need to make changes to this field on an award which already has a grant account ID assigned, use the 'cut' function to temporarily remove the account ID and save the record to make the Unique Funding Source editable. You can then update the unique funding source flag and paste the account ID back into the field before saving again.
Last updated: 9/23/2018